Sunday, July 22, 2012

UPDATE: EGGED Bus Accident July 9, 2012


 Sha'arei Zedek Hospital in Jerusalem

Photo: Miriam Woelke
B"H

Before I start publishing a detailed report about the tragic Egged bus accident taking place right outside Jerusalem's Central Bus Station, I would like to give you an important update. As I have already written, I was also injured in this accident but not as severe as the young woman who got crushed in between two buses. 

My injuries are slowly healing but my mind was always with this 19 - year - old American girl whose first name is Jordan. I saw her in this horrifying position stuck between the buses and since, I have been asking myself whether she survived and if yes, how is she recovering.

Today I went to the hospital where she is still kept in intensive care. I was allowed to speak to her mother and, Baruch HaShem, Jordan is recovering slowly. She is suffering from severe injuries such as a broken pelvis and has to undergo further surgery. Her mother invited me to come back next week and then speak to her daughter.

I am glad I went to the hospital in order to find out what is going on. However, it is disgraceful how EGGED is dealing with the situation. Neither myself nor Jordan and her family have ever heard from Egged but, instead, we are forced to take lawyers who have to deal with Egged's insurance to get us compensation. No word from Egged itself. So, be prepared in order a bus may be rolling over you.

Furthermore, the media hardly reported about this particular incident witnessed by at least 100 bystanders. Hopefully, beginning with tomorrow, I am going to publish a fully description on the incident.

1 comment:

  1. Refuah shelemah to you , to Jordan, and anyone else injured. Refuas hanefesh urefuas haguf. Do you have the Hebrew names of those injured - including your own?

    ReplyDelete